My Blog List

Monday, December 21, 2009

High-End Shortages?

 Short post - psycho day.  I'm working on a project for a potential client.  One with some serious money.

One with virtually no preps.

I've been doing some research on buying a large amount of MREs.  Literally hundreds of cases.  They are VERY difficult to track down.  A number of sites are simply flat out of MREs.  Others have a few cases, but nothing near what I need.  Most are quoting delivery dates of at least 2 months, usually longer.

I don't know if this is "sign" or if production has been impacted somehow, but it seems pretty consistent with all of the companies I've contacted.  If this works out, I'm pretty confident I can patch together an order from multiple vendors, but I'm sure the cost will be steeper than usual.
---

Other "survival foods" appear to be fairly plentiful.  Canned meats, grains and other products seem to be readily available.  Same with freeze dried foods and meals from producers like Mountain House, and other bulk dried survival foods.

Anyone seen anything else with shortages right now?  I've got a long laundry list of items to research!


---
Copyright 2009 Bison Risk Management Associates. All rights reserved. You are encouraged to repost this information so long as it is credited to Bison Risk Management Associates. www.BisonRMA.com

No comments: