My Blog List

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Melt Up Follow-Up

A friend sent me a link to a follow-up to the Melt Up video from last month.  These are put out by the National Inflation Association.  This one is much shorter, but has some very disturbing information.

Pay attention to the likelihood of 'quantitative easing' (printing money out of thin air - can you say, "$200 BILLION MORE stimulus?"),  the amount of income American's now receive directly from the government (nearly 18%), and the size of our April Budget Deficit (one month - $82.6 BILLION).

This is simply unsustainable.




We, as individuals and as a nation, have some hard choices ahead of us...


---
Please click our advertiser links. They pay us so you don't have to. A click a day is all we ask!

Copyright 2010 Bison Risk Management Associates. All rights reserved. You are encouraged to repost this information so long as it is credited to Bison Risk Management Associates. www.BisonRMA.com

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The hard choices are on Nov 2nd. We made a terrible mistake last election electing an incompetent Chicago thug as president and a Democrat congress bought and paid for by special interests. If we don't elect an honest majority in the house and/or senate we are doomed. But even if we do, don't celebrate because I expect the lame duck congress to stick it to us and printing money is the least of what they can do to us.

Chief Instructor said...

Anon, I don't think we have any way out of the mess we're in, regardless of who is at the rudder. We're in too deep. If we elected 400 Ron Paul's across the House and Senate, we'd still be screwed.

All of my preparations are to soften the blow of what's coming our way.

Anonymous said...

I agree. Our debt put us past the tipping point for our economy some years back. What I mean is that we have to reverse course and start doing the right things. What we can do on Nov 2nd is elect people who will begin the long climb out of this hole we dug for ourselves. When I was a kid we had huge wharehouses full of grain, butter, cheese, powdered milk, etc. I grew up with a garden and canning and 200 lbs of potatoes on the dirt floor in the cellar in the fall. My parents were married in 1933 and my sister born in 1934. I have an album with pictures of the grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. all working a big garden so they could all survive the depression. Except for a few preppers where do you see that today? I honestly believe I could think of 100 simple policies I could implement that would save lives and mitigate this impending disaster. Now don't get me wrong, I don't know if any politicians out there are the kind of people who can do what must be done to save our butt, but I do know for sure the politicians we have cannot do it and worse would not do it unless it made them rich. We need different people even if the only thing it accomplishes is to send the message that we are still out here and still can vote the bastards out.

Chief Instructor said...

Anon, yeah, the politicians won't encourage us to be self-sufficient, as it would take away from the aura that they are in place to help us.

Instead, they work to TELL us how valuable they are by telling us what to eat, drink and smoke.

All I know is that I will vote against the incumbent in every election for the foreseeable future. We have to scare the crap out of the people we send to represent us - at any level.